[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Game of Thrones no spoilers from books but MAY BE FROM SHOW

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:45 am

Forum rules

For reviews and discussions about whatever you're watching or looking forward to on the small or big screen.

Post subject: Game of Thrones no spoilers from books but MAY BE FROM SHOW
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:21 pm 
NetWoC Admin

Discuss.

READ AT YOUR PERIL IF YOU DIDN'T SEE LATEST EPISODE

Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones - TV only no spoilers from books please
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:24 pm 

So I can't say.........

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:42 pm 
NetWoC Admin (Site Founder & Owner)

Hodor!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:52 pm 
NetWoC Admin

Was the Brodor escape more epic than Steve McQueen?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:57 pm 

Brodor!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:06 pm 

So was the last episode with Jojen's hand on fire just a vision or was he actually manipulating fire? I had thought he was manipulating fire and being all pyromancer but my girlfriend says it was just a vision.

Also idk how I feel about the episode ending with the white walker turning the baby into a... baby white walker? That whole situation hasn't been int he book yet, or at least I don't remember them really explaining anything about the white walkers to that extent.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:34 pm 
NetWoC Admin

I think they showed the fire because otherwise would just have been in his head what he was seeing so was a greenseer vision.

As for the white walkers - the reading community went wild about that scene. No-one knows if it is a spoiler for Winds or Winter or even Dream of Spring or if the show is going to diverge from the books quite a lot.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:42 pm 

Because they showed his hand on fire and not via different perspectives, I say it was a vision.

Also, divergence from the books is very possible, since they have been renewed for multiple seasons before the books are written. I read somewhere that GRRM gave them an outline of where the plot is to go, but how they get there may change.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:23 am 
NetWoC Admin

OH MY WORD!
Dragons
Dogs
and another word beginning with D that describes whores and unjust trials :P

I already lauded Peter Dinklage but his performance just.... wow. I knew Shae was coming and was almost crying when they came back after the 'lunchbreak' but then when she was testifying I wept, watching his heart break at the betrayal. How can it be a trial when he is not permitted to make a defence?

Anyway - Ramsay Snow has done such an awesome job breaking Theon, last night showed that fabulously and second award of the night has to go to poor Reek. How utterly broken he is - the bath scene when Ramsay rewarded him was perfect. (and if you haven't watched NOT like that)

Davos - I had forgotten what an honourable man of integrity he was. He gets lost under the weight of all the other great characters but he is just amazing. Stannis needs to appreciate him more.

Dragons - nuff said.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:57 am 

totally enjoyed last nights epidose... it always ends too soon!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:31 pm 

One of the best episodes yet, for all the reasons Shiny said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:52 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:51 pm 

Had a great comment

But. Spoilers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:13 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:14 pm 

How you doin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:30 pm 
NetWoC Admin

This was another awesome episode with some great character development.

Arya (Iya? wtf?) Stark now able to kill with impunity and the bonding moment with the Hound. Wonder if he is still going to be on her list. That story from the Hound (I know in the books he tells it to Sansa but can't remember if he did in the show) threw some light on both his character and his brother's....

Bringing me to the Mountain. BIG man, BIG BIG man. Would not want to be the one fighting him (even if I could hold a sword.)

Bronn, what can be said? He was always in it for the money right from the start. Am glad he and Tyrion parted on good terms.

Dany should have demanded the original Daario back imvho, then told him to strip :P Jorah well Dany certainly knows how to handle her men. Wonder if Barriston has that message from Tywin yet? *muffled laughter*

Sansa., ah Sansa if only you had slapped Joff like you slapped Robin, things might have been so very different.

Cat btw, not 'your sister' are viewers so stupid they forgot that Cat was Lysa's sister and that perfect line had to be changed? Oh and the moon door would be so much better if in fact it were a door, as it should be, on the wall. Still was nice seeing the mad woman trying to fly, not so nice seeing the creepy Baelish kissing Sansa *shudder*

Pod and Brienne, does anyone not love them both? And I squeed when I saw Hot Pie, his kidney pie recipe sounded good enough for Hannibal.

Finally, last but by no means least the Imp and the Red Viper. I know Cersei lost her mother but she was an out and out b***h from childhood. The story Oberyn told was an insight into him as a person and Tyrion's life and actually the different way children in Westeros were raised. They weren't all brought up to be selfish brats it seems to me. Maybe he is correct when he said 'we don't hurt little girls in Dorne'.

Oh and thanks USA, don't you worry about the rest of the world unable to watch an episode next weekend because you have a holiday Monday, the day AFTER the show should air. :evil: :bored: :curse: :tantrum:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:00 pm 

I think in the episode with the battle of Blackwater when the Hound is in the room with Sansa he tells her some of that story.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:11 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:00 pm 
NetWoC Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:12 pm 

Ah. I thought she hit him... musta been Arya who knocked him on his Arse then.

My memory is fail. :(

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:38 pm 

Yep, my memory is fail. >_<

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:33 am 

New Mountain is a Farging beast, just wish he was a bit more mean mug and less babby faced.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:31 pm 

*sigh*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:50 pm 

:whoa:

Fitting that the credits had no music... holy... :whoa:

Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones no spoilers from books but MAY BE FROM S
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:42 pm 
NetWoC Admin

AWESOME episode, seriously epic.

From blood dripping through the floor in Molestown to pulped head via hysterical laughter and seduction on legs.

There are a lot of complaints about Grey Worm ogling Missandei, me, I think it's a sweet storyline and just shows how truly dreadful what the Masters did to the Unsullied was.

Molestown, that whore was so annoying, I think I wanted her dead as much as Joffrey. Ygritte was in full 'a woman scorned' mode, with a vengeance, with a brief soften for Gilly. Someone tell Sam she lived?

Building up for a big battle at the wall, in discussion with someone I commented, screw the game of thrones, if the land is overrun by zombies who cares who is king?

Ramsay Bolton, bring flaying back one corpse at a time. The actor was in a UK show called Misfits (entertaining if you ever get bored) and last night he finally transitioned from Simon to Ramsay. But Theon, wow that man is just incredible. Truly amazing acting.

Sansa and Littlefinger, that girl can LIE, should I call her a girl now - she became a woman last night and not physically (I don't think) but in her maturity and realisation that she has to play hard if she is going to survive. I think her dreams of knights and heroes finally died. Peter Baelish i think you may have met your match.

"some people die in bed, some die squatting on their chamber pots." Robin, Robin I suspect you may die a horseback in the Vale - or maybe not, who can tell?

Arya, I should have liked to see you kill Joffrey with a chicken bone, yes indeedy do. But the laughter was perfect and infectious. I hope they don't spear them both for impudence.

Jaime and Tyrion, I love their chats, true brothers (Cersei's face when Jaime arrived at the fight was a picture - guess they are well and truly over) much discussion has gone on about the meaning of the beetle massacre but maybe was just the two of them bonding and discussing inane thngs rather than the huge event upcoming.

Then - last but by no means least (though I was looking at my watch wondering if they weren't gonna get to it) the fight. Tyrion told him to wear a helmet. He told him....

Don't leave me alone in this world.
Never

50 million readers' hearts broke...

Incredible skills from the Red Viper, I wish they had made the Mountain a little more threatening in the actual fight part, but "Say her name, Elia Martell. You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children" Then from the jaws of victory our hero snatches defeat. Ellaria summed every emotion up perfectly with her scream, face and hands

and Tyrion's face spoke volumes.

What next for Tyrion? The headman's axe?