[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Neverwinter

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm

Forum rules

These forums are dedicated to coordinating guild meetups in MMO's around the net. If you guild up in these games please use the guild tag "WoC" to represent our community!

We have started with stickies for some of the more popular games. If you play another MMO then post about it, and if it gets enough interest we'll stickify that too. There is the potential to have dedicated sub-forums for specific games should enough interest demand it.

Your games, your forums, your turn.

Post subject: Neverwinter
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:16 am 

I'm actually rather shocked there isn't an entry for this one yet. O.o

Anyway, I'm currently downloading it, should be joining up sometime today/tonight. :mrgreen: So, if any of y'all want to guild up or whatever, shoot me your deets.

Also, the site is here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter
Free to play.

Done by the same folks who did Star Trek Online, so I expect solid storytelling.

Don't know what my char will be yet... still have to decide that. ;)

Post subject: Re: Neverwinter
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:56 pm 

Red Thunderaxe@zeppelinmage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:39 am 
NetWoC Admin

Let us know how it plays?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:40 pm 

Very actiony. Still getting acclimated, there's quite a bit to learn about the mechanics and such.

But Red is Level 14 and I'm having fun, so there's that. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:05 am 

Tonight I got Red to level 14, and my Hunter Ranger to 13. :guilty:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:52 pm 

Hey Zep!!

How's Neverwinter treating ya? Still playing?
I started right after beta and loved it..... At first.

I was getting really into the Foundry, and have a couple of rather ambitious projects unfinished, but as of late, it seems that my interest has.....fizzled.... To say the least.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:17 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:08 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:43 am 

Yeah, I get the same vibe. I was on STO... another Cryptic/PWE property... but they broke it BAD with an expansion last year, basically forcing PvP farming to continue the story. :/

I'm proud to say I've never once paid them a dime. On STO I managed to collect around 20k in Zen that I used to outfit my main char... she was actually pretty badass for a completely F2P char. ;) But I did all that through surveys etc. But now they got wise and disabled the "free zen" methods. Meh.

I'm done with Cryptic/PWE as well. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:38 pm 

Haha the players were calling M6 the "Delta Rising" of Never winter.

I still pop my head in their forums every now and then, feels like I'm poking a corpse with a stick just to confirm to myself "Yep, its still dead..."

Its a shame, really. I loved the Foundry and thought it had amazing potential. It was more like Lego's compared to what I was used to doing.... But even Lego's can be cathartic.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:27 pm 
NetWoC Admin

I like lego...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:37 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:05 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:26 am 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:48 pm 

Oh yeah, STO is possibly even worse.

I had a mission where I had a "dead" starship in space... just to have that as a placeable and not an interactive NPC was impossible. Then, with the exploration inside, like zero of my triggers worked, or they worked in the wrong order...

Pretty much if it isn't just "walk to waypoint, fight NPCs, walk to waypoint, fight NPCs, ad infinitum" then it won't work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:31 pm 

As promised, a few of the pictures of the environments that I was working on can be found here:

I had/have two major story lines in my head, that never made it to paper, so to speak.

The first one, and the one that the pictures were taken from, begins with Grace Rathborn in Neverwinter asking the players for help picking up vegetables from a local farmer for the Farmer's Market. Of course, you assist...

Leaving the confines of the Protector's Enclave walls, you find yourself in the countryside, amongst many farms, with the darkening on the horizon to the south, signifying a dense forest border. The farmer whom you are visiting is not home, but Grace thinks that he may be in his cabin that's just within the treeline.

As you enter the forest, the light begins to fade, and ill wind picks up, and you high tail it to the cabin where you find it engulfed in flames and an old farmhand slain and lying in a pool of his blood. Grace is freaking out at this point, and you enter the house to look for the farmer (Hugh is his name).

While inside, you here Grace screaming some more. Big surprise, right? Outside the cabin is ambushed by fanatical zealous Lizardfolk who grab Grace and disappear into the woods. Great! You're committed now, aren't you?

You track the lizardfolk to an small decrepit temple in the middle of the woods, where they disappear down a small hole and you follow. Track em down, find them about to sacrifice Grace on some sort of altar, kick their butts, rescue Grace, yaddi yaddi yadda. Grace asks you to head to the Deekin Distrct and consult a priest there about what just happened.

Thus ends the first quest.

Deekin district is outside of Protector's Enclave, so it's been quite ravaged by the Spellplague. It contains an old marketplace called Deekin Square. This area is referred to as "Neverwealth" by the inhabitants, as a mockery towards the Lords of Neverwinter, who obviously did not want to be burdened with the troubles of them. But living in poverty and anarchy isn't the biggest of their troubles. A large section of the Deekin District was lost when the cliff uponwhich this section of Neverwinter was originally built, crumbled. A large portion of the city was destroyed, thousands of people killed. The survivors all live in a sprawling tent city at the bottom of the cliff, along the Sword Coast coastline. There was once a makeshift roadway for safe passage below, which many volunteers actively worked to help those affected. However, recent tremors had rendered the pathway dangerous, and travel has lessened significantly.

The new cliff that was formed, the cliff along-which the pathway descends, is called Blightwatch Cliff, on account of the destruction that it now looms over.

That is the setting for the second quest, but I gotta take a break and get something productive done. Cold cold day here today, was 63 when I woke up, so tonight will be a great night for Chicken and Sliders! (an old family recipe on my mother's [Finnish] side).