[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord to be a woman...

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

Forum rules

For reviews and discussions about whatever you're watching or looking forward to on the small or big screen.

Post subject: Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord to be a woman...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:42 pm 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40624288

So the 13th Doctor will be Jodie Whittaker. An actress whom I don't know much about besides her part in Broadchurch(in which she was very good). Much like with Capaldi I have reservations about her but for different reasons. Having seen her in Broadchurch I have no doubt she can act the heavy emotional sides of the Doctor but outside of that I'm uncertain if she'll be able to capture the other aspects of the Doctor.

I hope that she proves me wrong as I can foresee it being disastrous for the show and future female Doctors if the first one isn't a success.

Post subject: Re: Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord to be a woman...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:40 pm 

I'm holding judgement until I actually see her in action. As I did with Capaldi, and Smith, et al.

Missy proved it can be a success, so I don't doubt she'll be fine. The writing will make or break it, really. And honestly, I'm more concerned with the change in showrunner.