[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Star Wars VII

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:48 am

Forum rules

For reviews and discussions about whatever you're watching or looking forward to on the small or big screen.

Post subject: Star Wars VII
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:56 pm 

For speculation/discussion. :D

So... what do you think?

I think it's pretty awesome they got the whole old crew back together. But whether JJ fargs it up remains to be seen. (Some say he screwed up Trek, others say he saved it for a new generation. That discussion is for another thread.)

Post subject: Re: Star Wars VII
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:00 pm 

I'm mainly scared with Disney as the franchise owner that it's going to have more of the same problems the most recent trilogy did. Being what I call "fisher pricey", in that it doesn't have that edge the original series and the books did.

But I'm trying to maintain hope.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:01 pm 

I don't know, Disney did a pretty good job with the Avengers series.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:06 pm 

That is what is giving me some shred of hope. I just have a hard time hearing/seeing:

"Disney's Star Wars"

It seems so out of place haha.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:11 pm 

lol, I agree with you there.

But we're old fogies stuck in the '80s. ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:25 am 

Not sure.
Doubt Abrams would let it get farged.
Secondly. Disney does some edgy stuff. Not just avengers.
The fans have spoken, Disney wants to make money. They Farg this up they now there won't be an viii let alone xii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:31 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:31 am 

What is this episode I of which you speak?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:32 am 

Lucas went off his meds. Thank gods he sold it

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:35 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:49 am 
NetWoC Admin

I saw you guys squeeing about the cast list, but I couldn't get excited. I LOVED Star Wars, Harrison Ford was my hero.... but the original cast? They surely are too old now.

I guess we will wait and see...

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:22 pm 

Carrie Fisher
No offense meant but something tells me she is on crash diet of epic proportions as well as major cosmetic surgery.
Drugs and booze will do a number on you

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:07 pm 

She basically is, yeah. They reported that the original trio are on crash programs to get back to "fighting shape". And the movie takes place 35 years later, so it should work out.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:11 pm 

And hope Hamill has a better acting coach than before.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:16 pm 

He's done voice work and such since then so I'm pretty sure his acting chops will have improved. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:14 am 

What i am really really really upset about (did i mention I am upset) is that they KILLED THE ENTIRE EXPANDED UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

That has pissed me off to no end... will I still go and watch the new ones... yes BUT I'm banking on it being a piece of Bantha shiat..

Did i mention I am upset?

They didnt even need to follow it exactly but to just completely kill it off is bush league

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:29 pm 

Yeah P that was a harsh bit to take, shooting in a new direction from the EU but I guess they didnt have much choice. The EU pretty much stuffs the next 30 years full of stuff they'd have to mess with in making a new series of movies.

Im quietly excited about the 7,8,9 trilogy (though apprehensive and trying not to put much money on it). What really worries me is this talk of spin off movies. Yoda movie, Jabba movie.

E chu ta!!! Dont turn it into a series of episode I scale movies Disney!!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:23 pm 

Brace yourself
The direct to dvd's are coming.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:27 pm 

*shiver*

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:28 pm 

Can't be any worse than the tv specials of my youth

Of those - we do not speak

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:37 pm 

the Ewoks weren't creepy at all... >.<

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:27 pm 

heh, with EU no longer canon, Star Wars is just like Star Trek now. ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:46 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:54 pm 

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:12 pm